Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Serious Post is Serious

It's my blog, I can say whatever I want
(but you're free to skip if you don't want to read an earnest post)

It's really a strange concept that I would come on here and pour my feelings out to total strangers every week. I'm not a very social person. Well, actually the majority of people feel that way, but I can never speak my mind to anyone. I don't know why. Everyone who knows me calls me a listener. I have ALWAYS been the listener. Maybe I should change my blog name to that.  "The Listener." "The Attentive Gal". You know in high school how no matter what clique you where involved in, everyone had drama? Well I didn't. Because I never felt good with opening up to people and showing who I am. You know what that meant for me? Everyone came to me to POUR their hearts out. I think I was like the emotional city dump (not changing my blog name to that). Everyone, from different cliques wanted to come and tell me their story, and I never knew why. Yearbook time came around? I was voted "Easiest to talk to". You know why though, right? Because I just listened and kept my mouth shut. 

 Listening to all these people talk, I thought I was providing a service but what was really going on was the opposite. I was doing myself a disservice. I was driving myself away from people. I saw best friends say the worst crap about each other, enemies make threats, NO ONE was safe from judgement. And that's why I kept my thoughts to myself. I safeguarded them. I loved my mind and didn't want it hurt. Of course, that was the worst thing I could have possibly done because I've succeeded in cultivating a rather impressive case of social anxiety. And it's not that I hate people. Quite the contrary, I LOVE people, I just hate what society has become.

 Society itself is such an ugly beast. It's just so hateful, judgmental, picky, everything about it is why our race is suffering. We lack compassion. We think we're civilized but we're so far from it. We're delusional. We're no better than the animals we cage but we have the potential to be so much more! We have so many gifts that we need to pick up and brush off and start using. So why don't we try being more understanding and caring of each other. Realize that everyone has a different prospective. No two lives are the same and no two people are the same. Why do we think that everyone who sees thing differently is to be feared? Brace a new culture, and try to understand that everyone has a different point of view. 

We can't judge people, this is not in our power. Until you know everything the other person has gone through, and felt it, and metabolized it exactly how they did, you cannot judge someone for their actions. Some of us are strong, some of us weak. We have different tastes and different ideas. Every single one is a separate individual. Stop trying to fit us all into boxes and just accept each other. Of course it would be naive to assume there are no evil people in this world. I know there is evil but a lot of it is brought on by hate we've created ourselves. I know someone somewhere is thinking "Hippie liberal inconsistent gal" and that used to be the reason I kept my mouth shut. But I'm safe here. And I'm going to keep preaching love and acceptance and compassion. We all could do with a little more of that and a little less of fear and judgement. 

If you disagree, that's ok, I can be the balance to your negativity. You are entitled to your own opinion, as is everyone. The only thing I dissaprove of is when your opinion starts harming others. Instead, do something good for someone else. And don't do it for the feeling of self-satisfaction. It;s ok to enjoy that feeling, but do good just to help someone who needs it. In other words, give unselfishly. Help with that other person in mind. And if they are unappreciative, it's ok! As long as you aren't hurting someone, and keep trying to help. You won't affect everyone, but you will change someone's life and it's the little things. I've been walked on by so many people in my life, and the way I function, has turned me into this person. I have suffered, more than your average american. But it doesn't stop me from being loving and positive. Because this is what is needed in the world. 

Peace,

The Inconsistent Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory